Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Batch Of Frozen Meals

With two days of crazy feet hurting, back aching, kitchen a mess cooking I got a lot done! Call me crazy/silly/stupid/nutty, I LOVED cooking like that. It was a lot of fun and my freezer is packed with ready to cook meals. I'm really excited about how this will free up my week. I used Fix, Freeze, Feast recipes but found that they all needed some tweeking to make them my own. For example, we like LOVE garlic and so I pretty much doubled it for every recipe. I also cooked up 10 pounds of onions for a delicious French Onion Soup and I basically made it my own recipe. It was so basic and I had to add red wine. Onions just taste so much better with wine.


Here is what I have waiting for me in the freezer for meals this week (and the next, and the next):
Cheesy Chiladas
Mustard Pork Chops
Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
Tequila Chicken Breast
Tomato Basil Soup
French Onion Soup
Swimming Rama Chicken
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli
Cheese Steaks
Breakfast Cookies
Maple Oatmeal Pecan Scones (this was my own recipe and I'll post it after I test it again!)
Coming soon...
I have 20 pounds of potatoes to cook up!!!

My hope is to take these recipes and learn techniques so that I can make up my own recipes for frozen meals. As I create recipes I will post them as soon as they are tested. If you have any ideas for Frozen meals feel free to add them to the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...