Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin Bread French Toast (yeast free recipe)

I have been on a yeast free diet for about a year and a half now. While I still enjoy many types of food sometimes I really miss bread. Especially french toast. I made a mean french toast with lots of cinnamon....
So, I decided to try making a version of French Toast with Pumpkin bread to see how it would turn out. I'm glad I thought of it because I actually like it even better than regular french toast!

Here is how I did it:
I used a recipe for Pumpkin Bread from The Foster's Market Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Morning, Noon, and Night  and baked one loaf of bread as well as muffins and doughnuts (see previous post for more on that). One recipe makes a lot so if you just want one loaf, half the recipe. Make sure you wait a day or so to let the bread breath.


Pumpkin Bread French Toast

1 loaf pumpkin bread. sliced.
2 eggs
1/2 c lowfat milk (could use almond milk)
1/4 blueberry juice (could use apple)
1 1/2 tbs. pumpkin butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Whisk mixture until well mixed. Dip slices of pumpkin bread in batter and brown in a large saute pan for about 3 minutes per side. Place in a baking dish in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy with real maple syrup, or warm pumpkin butter.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...