Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Cookie Baking For Gluten Free Families.

I am still pretty sure that I have a wheat sensitivity. I do not feel as good when I am eating wheat so I have just decided to avoid it for a while. This inspired me to find some edible gluten free cookie recipes so I wouldn't feel totally deprived over the holidays. I found a recipe that mimics Peanut Butter Kiss Blossoms for Gluten and Peanut free eaters. This is my creation and my first attempt. It is very good for being a gluten and peanut free cookie however I would like to try it again using agave and perhaps an alternative to egg for dairy free as well.



Almond Butter Kiss Blossoms (Gluten Free and Peanut Free)
Printer Friendly Version




1 cup almond butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
about 24 Hershey's Kisses

Preheat oven to 350. Beat almond butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, baking powder and cinnamon. Beat until well combined. Roll dough into little balls and place on a cookie sheet.


Press balls in the center with thumb, back of spoon or using the Pampered Chef Mini Tart Shaper.




Bake cookies in 350 degree oven for about 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and place Kiss chocolates on the center right away. Move to a rack to cool completely. The chocolate will need some time to set. Once cooled these can be stored for a few days or frozen for up to two weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...