Thursday, June 24, 2010

Have You Ever Thought You Just Can't Do It All?

Well, I am having one of those weeks. I never really finished last weeks meal plan and have had little time for blogging lately. I start to feel very overwhelmed and stressed out and then take a step back and look...here is what I see...

I wish I had time everyday for doing my hair like a movie star.
I wish I worked out more. ALOT more.
I wish that I could spend more time sewing.
I wish I had a housekeeper...because with all of the stuff I love to do, cleaning is NOT one of those things.
I wish that I was more organized both with my life and with my thoughts.
I wish that everynight could be some magical gourmet creation for dinner and that I wouldn't have to balance that idea with a toddler that will not eat anything but chicken nuggets.

But here is what is REALITY...

I am a mom to two amazing kids who deserve my time and energy.
I am a wife to a wonderful man who is my best friend and he deserves my time, attention and energy
I am a homemaker and my home deserves my attention, keeping it neat, clean and enjoyable.
I am a chef for my family (and sometimes friends) and my family deserves to eat healthy and delicious foods.
I am a student, and with amount of $$$ I'm paying to finish my degree, my studies deserve my attention
....I am Sarah. I deserve some down time too.

It's impossible to split myself up into just the right amounts of energy for each part of my life. So, until I figure out the perfect balance here are some things that I am doing to help make myself more productive and (gasp!) organized.

1- Use a cleaning schedule
2- Plan my meals
3-Schedule play dates and play time with my kids
4-Make a date night schedule so that my husband and I can spend quality time together
5- Make time for myself.

Over the next 5 weeks I will feature tips on how I'm accomplishing each of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...