Monday, June 14, 2010

Yummy Yum


Ok, so this dish deserves a post of it's own! Wow! I was so in love with this! Everything about it was perfect. The chicken was tasty and juicy. The Chavrie was the perfect bite of creamy, tangy goodness. The Cherry salsa was sweet, spicy and just wonderfully delicious. Yummy Yum Yum....

So, start out with chicken cutlets, pound 'em out real good so they are nice and thin. Marinate them in my vinegraitte recipe and grill them up about 4 minutes per side. Prepair the Cherry Salsa. Add about a tablespoon size dallop of Chavrie and top with the salsa. Get ready to eat every last bite on your plate! I served this up with my Smashed Potatoes and salad.

Vinegraitte:
1 tbs tomato paste or ketsup (whatever is on hand)
1 tsp brown mustard
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbs fresh chopped basil
1/4 balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup EVOO

Whisk all ingredients but the oil. In a slow stream (while whisking) slowly add the EVOO. Make sure to whisk well to emulsify the vinegraitte. Use as a marinade, pasta dressing, salad dressing or whatever your heart desires!



Smashed Potatoes:
6 medium red potatoes, washed and poked with a fork
about 3-4 tbs EVOO
1 tbs freshly chopped rosemarry
1 bunch fresh chives (garden fresh!)
2 cloves minced garlic
Lots of fresh ground pepper
Course salt to taste

Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until fork tender. Place in serving bowl and mash with potato masher. Do not over mash because these are meant to be chunky. Add garlic, herbs, EVOO and salt and pepper. Stir gently and serve.


Just a little note about the Chavrie, I happened to get a free coupon for one from a post on http://www.hip2save.com/ (my favorite deal site). When I used my coupon for the free Chavrie, I didn't notice until making this dish that there was a coupon to get a free Chavrie online with the info inside the one I already got for free! So, I got two for free and I'm so glad I found an amazing use for these wonderful Chavrie's because I adore Chavrie, but I love it even more when it's free!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...